You are here
Compliance with laws and your rightsUpdated Friday, 17 June 2016 - 3:44pm
There are various laws and regulations which apply to data protection and data privacy including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 (as may be updated or amended from time to time).
Broadly, the laws require that:
- you agree to your data being collected and used;
- no more information than is required is asked of you;
- your personal information must be securely kept to prevent unauthorised access;
- you have a right to know what information an organisation holds about you;
- your personal information must be deleted when it is no longer required; and
- information about your internet use must be protected even where the information being collected is not personally identifiable.
At Thats Racist Book, we make sure we stick to these data protection and e-privacy laws. As mentioned above, information about the laws, and your rights, can be found on the ICO's website - www.ico.gov.uk .